BEST BUTT WORKOUTS- Lift, Tone and Firm
The largest muscle in our bodies is the gluteus maximus, it makes up a biggest portion of our butt and it happens to be the laziest muscle. One of the reasons people get flat butts is because of this muscle and instead of working it out, it is sat on all day. The good news is we can work it out and shape it up. Whether it needs toning, lifting, reducing or making it a bit bigger, there are butt workouts to help you.
Below are some of the best butt workouts that are effective exercises to help you lift and get a nice tone and firm butt. This workout targets all three buttocks muscles; gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and the gluteus minimus. The best part of this butt workout, it only takes 8 minutes. That’s it. So 8 minutes 3 times a week. Combine this workout with a low fat diet to reduce the fat intake and you will lose the butt and thigh fat as well, you will reduce the cellulite resulting in a tone firm nice butt.
Do your butt workout 3 times a week, one set for each day. (For example, mon,wed and fri) and let your muscles rest for at least 48 hours for the best results. Your muscles need to rest after exercising so they can repair themselves and develop into lean muscle. There are nine exercises focusing on all 3 butt muscles, you can pick and choose or do all 9 of them. Each set will lift, tone and trim your saddle bags creating a nice 360 degree nice butt.
These proven butt exercises were developed by trainer Kate Albarelli in fitness magazine.
BUTT LIFT EXERCISES
- Stand in front of a chair, bend over and put both hands on the sides of the chair
- Tuck pelvis, and extend the left leg behind you, foot flexed
- Bounce the left leg 10 times, (lift and lower it by 1 inch)
- Keeping your leg lifted, bend knee slightly the do 5 circles with leg clockwise, the counter clock wise. Then switch sides and repeat on other leg.
- Do 10 reps on each leg
- On the floor, lay faceup with arms on the sides, and knees bent, feet flexed with heels on floor. Spread legs slightly apart about 8 inches.
- Lift hips so body forms a line from rib cage to knees. Shoulders stay on floor, then lower and repeat. Do 10 reps
- Then, when your finished with the 10 reps, lift hips again and sway hips left to right as you squeeze the glutes. Do 20 reps
- Lie face down on the floor with head on folded arms. Squeezing a 1 pound dumbbell or rolled up towel behind bent knee, foot flexed. Tuck pelvis to flatten out lower back.
- Lift bent left leg a few inches off floor, lower. Do 2o reps
- Switch sides and repeat.
Cross Your Legs- Targets glutei maximus, medius and minimus and hamstrings
- Start on the floor on all fours.
- Lift bent knee to the hip level so that the knee is pointing slightly out as the hips stay even. (tuck pelvis under so that your back is not overextended) Do 20 bounce reps, lifting and lowering left leg 1 inch.
- Next, cross left knee behind right knee and then lift it out to left side at hip level. Do 10 reps
- Do 20 bounces, foot flexed. Switch sides and repeat.
- Stand with heels together, toes out, holding chair back with right hand. Lift heels (still touching) off floor; bend knees 90 degrees out to sides. (like plie’)
- Maintaing the plie’, tuck pelvis as your squeeze glutes and the arch your back slightly. Do 10 reps
- Draw 10 clockwise circles with hips, squeezing glutes to tuck position at 10 o’clock. Do 10 counter clockwise circles; finish with 10 more tucks
- Standing, bend at hips to rest right forearm on chair back, and squeeze a rolled up towel behind left knee, foot flexed; place left hand on hip
- Tuck pelvis, lift left knee out to side; bring knee in toward chest and then behind you. Do 10 reps
- With knee behind you, do 20 press-back-pulses; Bring left leg toward right 1 inch, then back again. Switch side; repeat
SADDLEBAGS EXERCISES, SHAPING
- Lie on right side and bend knees 45 degrees so they are in front of you; lift feet 12 inches off floor.
- With heels together, raise left knee so it points up (clamshell position); lower knee. Do 10 reps.
- Return to clamshell; keeping left knee raised, extend and then bend left leg 20 times. Return to clamshell, do 10 pulses (lift and lower left knee by 1 inch). Switch sides; repeat.
- Stand with feet wide, toes turned out, left hand holding chair back for support, right hand on hip.
- Bend knees 90 degrees out to sides and, maintaining squat, open legs wider by pressing knees back 1 inch; then bring them back. Do 10 presses.
- Lift toes off floor in squat position; do 10 more presses.
- Finish with 10 presses on toes with heels lifted.
Fly Trap- Targets back; abs; obliques; glutei maximus, medius and minimus; and legs
- Stand with right hand on chair back for support.
- Hinge forward at hips, lifting left arm in front of you and left leg behind you (body parallel to floor).
- Side bend to left at waist, bringing left elbow to left hip and bending left knee. Extend. Do 10 reps.
- From elbow-to-hip curl position, do 20 pulses, lifting and lowering bent left leg by 1 inch. Hold final rep for 5 counts. Switch sides; repeat.